Sunday, March 09, 2008

What a great way to start my Saturday....
Woke up at 5.45am and took a breath from cigarettes.
With music blasting in my ears, I walked to the bus stop.
My watch showed 6.20am.
The day was still dark.
There were only 3 people at the bus stop.
I sat down and realized how beautiful the day was.

It was especially nice that I felt totally relaxed in the bus.

Strolled into the ward at 6.47, and met up with my friends who were working too.
I thought about how busy my day was going to be.
Whether I would be able to handle the load piled onto me.

I wrote 6.55 in the Student Nurse's logbook and started out for my future job.

Now my watch read 11pm and I realized that it's time to go home.
I had just completed my part-time job.
There had been no long breaks for me today but I still had the energy to move on.
Took the late night bus home.
My feet eventually landed home at about 12.10am Sunday Morning.
With fingers itching to play the guitar, I picked it up and strummed softly.
The music was back in my ears and I silently fell asleep moments later.